Cigna's Identity Theft Program covers all types of identity thefts such as credit card fraud, financial and/or medical identity theft. Our program provides access to personal case managers who give step-by-step assistance and guidance in the event of identity theft.* Services include:
- Review of credit information to determine if an ID theft has occurred
- An ID theft resolution kit is provided to the employee
- An ID theft affidavit is furnished for use with credit bureaus and creditors
- Help in reporting ID theft to credit-reporting agencies
- Assistance with placing a fraud alert on credit reports
- Canceling lost or stolen credit cards
- Assistance with credit and charge card replacement
- Assistance with replacing lost or stolen documents
- Access to free credit reports
- Education on how to identify and avoid ID theft
- When traveling more than 100 miles from home, a $1,000 cash advance to cover financial shortages if needed
- Emergency message relay
- Help with emergency travel arrangements and translation services
To access services, call 1.888.226.4567 if you are in the United States or Canada. All other locations, call collect 202.331.7635. Identify yourself as a member of the Cigna Identity Theft program, Group #57, and provide the name of your employer.
*This program does not include reimbursement of expenses for financial losses. "Cigna" refers to various operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation. Products and services are provided by these subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. These subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Cigna's Identity Theft services are provided under a contract with Europ Assistance USA. Presented here are highlights of Cigna's Identity Theft Program. Full terms, conditions and exclusions are contained in Cigna's Identity Theft Program service agreement.