The following terms and conditions apply to the CignaPlus Savings program:
The CignaPlus Savings program is offered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company with network management and administration services provided by Cigna Dental Health, Inc. The following information is presented to help you get the most from your membership in the CignaPlus Savings program and to provide you with the Terms and Conditions of participation.
This is not insurance.
A. The CignaPlus Savings Program is NOT Insurance.
B. The program provides discounts at certain dentists for dental care.
C .The program does not make payments directly to the dentists for dental services.
D. The plan member is obligated to pay for all dental care services, but will receive a discount for eligible services received from participating dentists.
E. For questions or inquiries, contact: Cigna Dental, 8100 S.W. 10th Street, Suite 2000, Plantation, FL 33324, Attn: Operations. Telephone: 1.877.521.0244.
900 Cottage Grove Road
Bloomfield, CT 06152
In Florida CHLIC is a discount medical plan organization.
8100 S.W. 10th Street
Plantation, FL 33324
Attn: Operations – Cigna Dental Discount Plan
A. For Members who are billed individually: Membership fees in the CignaPlus Savings program are valid for a 12-month period from the effective date of member enrollment, unless Cigna Dental's liability related to offering the program is altered by any state or federal law or regulation. Membership will automatically renew at the then current membership fee unless and until the member provides written notice or calls the telephone number on the ID card to indicate his or her desire to cancel membership.
B. For Members who are billed through a group: Rates are governed by the contract between Cigna Dental and the group. If rates are changed under the Group contract, customers’ rates will also change.
2. The CignaPlus Savings program is NOT insurance and is not protected by any state Life and Health Guaranty Association.
3. CignaPlus Savings program is a discount dental program. Customers are responsible for paying all applicable fees and charges directly to the dentist at the time of visit. Membership in the program entitles customers to discounts for certain dental services offered by providers who have agreed to participate in the discount program.
4. The CignaPlus Savings program does not provide or guarantee the provision of any dental care or service and Cigna Dental shall not be liable for the payment of any fees or charges for dental care or services to customers, participating dentists or otherwise. Customers are responsible for any and all payments to participating dentists.
5. The amount of discount will vary among participating dentists and those procedures not included on the negotiated fee schedule may not be subject to a discount.
6. The discounts available under the CignaPlus Savings program may not be used in conjunction with any other discount dental program or insurance program.
7. In order to have access to the discounts available under the CignaPlus Savings program, you must be enrolled in and deemed an eligible customer of the program at the time the underlying dental service or product is actually received, and must present the CignaPlus Savings ID card to the participating dental office prior to receiving treatment.
8. The CignaPlus Savings program may not be available in all states or locations and Cigna reserves the right to cancel or discontinue offering the program in its entirety or in specific states or locations. For status on the available network please visit www.CignaPlussavings.com or call 1.877.521.0244. The program does not, and may not by law in certain states, include discounts on hospital services.
9. Cigna Dental reserves the right to terminate a customer’s participation in the program immediately, in the event the customer misuses the program ID card to provide unauthorized access to the program, or the customer’s conduct is determined to be detrimental to a participating provider office and/or staff.
10A. For Members who are billed individually:
10B. For Members who are billed through a group:
11. When a customer cancels his or her membership in the discount medical plan organization within the first 30 days after the effective date of enrollment in the program, the member shall receive a reimbursement of all periodic charges. If a customer, for any reason, is not satisfied with the CignaPlus Savings program, he/she may cancel the membership by providing written notice or calling the telephone number on the ID card and returning the ID cards to the address indicated on the card. There are no penalties or cancellation fees.
12. The network of contracted dentists participating in the CignaPlus Savings program is subject to change and customers are responsible for verifying that a specific provider is participating in the program immediately prior to receiving each and every service.
13. Although all participating dentists go through a credentialing process to assure that they are appropriately licensed and qualified, Cigna Dental does not otherwise guarantee, nor is it responsible for, the quality of any services or products purchased by customers. Participating dentists are independent contractors and are not employees or agents of Cigna Dental, and Cigna Dental is not liable for any claims arising from, or as a result of, any services provided by a participating provider to customers.
14. Cigna Dental may delegate responsibility to perform any of its obligations to administrators as it deems necessary. Cigna Dental maintains responsibility for actions administrators perform on its behalf. Any administrators are independent contractors and they shall not be deemed, for any purpose, to be employees, partners or joint ventures with Cigna Dental.
15. Access to the Healthy Rewards® discount program, or other similar programs which Cigna Dental may offer access to from time to time, is offered at no additional charge and may be discontinued at any time without notice. Some Healthy Rewards programs are not available in all states. If your Cigna Dental plan includes coverage for any of these services, this program is in addition to, not instead of, your plan coverage. A discount program is NOT insurance and the customer must pay the entire discounted charge. The vendors who participate in these programs are independent contractors and are not employees or agents of Cigna Dental, and Cigna Dental is CignaPlus Savings is not responsible for any of the services or products offered by such vendors. Cigna's Identity Theft Program does not include reimbursement of expenses for financial losses. “Cigna” refers to various operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation. Products and services are provided by these subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. These subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Cigna’s Identity Theft services are provided under a contract with Europe Assistance USA. Presented here are highlights of Cigna’s Identity Theft Program. Full terms, conditions and exclusions are contained in Cigna’s Identity Theft Program service agreement. Cigna’s Will Preparation Services are provided under an arrangement with ARAG. Presented here are highlights of Cigna’s Will Preparation Services. Cigna’s Will Preparation Services are independently administered by ARAG®. Cigna does not provide legal services and makes no representations or warranties as to the quality of the information on the ARAG web site, the services of ARAG or of any attorney in the ARAG network.
16. Cigna Dental has a process for resolving complaints related to the e CignaPlus Savings program. Customers can submit complaints either by calling customer services at 877.521.0244, or by sending written correspondence to Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, 8100 S.W. 10th Street, Suite 2000, Plantation, FL 33324, Attn: Operations – Cigna Dental Discount Plan.
17. Binding arbitration shall be the exclusive remedy for the settlement of disputes arising under this agreement. Note: In Florida, arbitration is voluntary. The arbitration proceeding shall be governed by the rules of the American Arbitration Association®, then in effect, and the decision of the arbitrator shall be final, conclusive and binding. No action at law or in equity may be instituted by either party, other than to enforce the award of the arbitrator.
18. The provisions of the Welcome Letter/ID Card, Enrollment Form and Product Brochure are hereby fully incorporated into and represent a part of your Membership Agreement.
CignaPlus Savings is a dental discount program being offered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC) as a discount medical plan organization that gives customers access to discounted fees for dental services, pursuant to schedules negotiated with participating dentists. Customers are responsible for paying such fees in full, directly to participating dentists. “Cigna”, “CignaPlus Savings” and “Cigna Dental Network Access” are registered service marks, and the “Tree of Life” logo and “Cigna Dental” are service marks of Cigna Intellectual Property, Inc., licensed for use by Cigna Corporation and its operating subsidiaries. All products and services are provided by the operating subsidiary Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company and not by Cigna Corporation.
881600a © 2014 Cigna.